This statement relates to Principal Connections Limited (hereafter Principal Connections) and its privacy practices pertaining to the website www.principalconnections.ie . We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) effective 25th May 2018 and the related legislation and regulations implementing these into Irish law from time to time, the Data Controller is Principal Connections, contact details are set out in Section 17 below.
1. General Statement
Principal Connections fully respects your right to privacy and is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. [br]Principal Connections will not collect or publish any personal information about you on our website without your permission. Any personal information which you volunteer will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with (“GDPR”).
2. Personal Data explained
‘Personal Data’ refers to “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Data Subject”)”.
- Inform you what Personal Data Principal Connections collects relating to you
- Inform you how Principal Connections uses, processes and handles your Personal Data
- Inform you how Principal Connections protects your Personal Data against unauthorised or unlawful processing
- Inform you of your rights as a “Data Subject”
3. Collection and use of Personal Data – The Principal Connections website
Principal Connections collects Personal Data about you directly through our website, www.principalconnections.ie
The way we collect your Personal Data is when your direct submission, see section below.
4. Collection and use of Personal Data
The only ways Principal Connections collects your Personal Data is when you submit it to us via website submission, job board submission or e-mail application. This would usually be for job application purposes and would typically include your Curriculum Vitae and personal details.
Any information which you provide in this way is not made available to any third parties without your permission and is used by Principal Connections only in line with the purpose for which you provided it.
By providing Principal Connections with your Personal Data you are consenting to us:
If, in the past, you have provided us with Personal Data including your Curriculum Vitae, and you no longer consent to Principal Connections processing your Personal Data please contact us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove your Personal Data from our system.
Personal Data collected/obtained by Principal Connections via your application may include categories set out in the section below.
Principal Connections collects your Personal Data through the following channels:
- Website applications
- Website enquiries
- E-mail applications
- Telephone enquiries
- Meetings – physical / virtual
- Reference and background checks
4.1. The Personal Data collected includes the following:
- Your Name
- Your Email Address(es)
- Your Phone Number(s)
- Your Professional Experience
- Your Education
- Your Professional / Board Memberships
- Your Competencies
- Your Interests
- Your Achievements
- Your Motivations / Ambitions
- Curriculum Vitae information
- Application Form information
- Executive Summary information
- Social Media profile URL’s provided within application, and/or where you have a public profile (for example LinkedIn), we may process the information available in conjunction with the information you provide directly to us
- Referral data – If you provide Principal Connections with information relating to persons other than yourself, for the purpose of Principal Connections providing executive search or related services, you are responsible for its accuracy and relevance, and you must have the authorisation of the relevant individual to disclose their details to us
4.2. For the purpose of the executive search or related services we may also, but are not limited to, collect the following information.
- Remuneration details
- Personal Public Service Number (PPS)
- Limited Company Details
- Interview notes in relation to your suitability for a specific role(s) and client requirements
- Photo identification
- Copy of working visa
Principal Connections may also collect Personal Data from third party sources, for verification and vetting purposes. Prior to contacting third parties, Principal Connections will gain your consent, and will contact you if seeking additional information.
- Reference information (verbal and/or written)
- Work performance related information
Information obtained during reference checks, will be passed on to a prospective employer (usually at offer of employment stage).
5. Personal Data Uses & Processing
Principal Connections is an Irish Executive Search and Leadership Consulting Firm. Our Mission is to deliver Superior, High Value, Accelerated and Customised Senior Executive Search / Headhunting. In addition, Principal Connections offers related services which include: Advertised Selection, Interim Management, Non-Executive Director and Chairperson Recruitment in addition to a variety of Leadership Consulting Solutions. (Hereafter, Related Services)
5.1. Principal Connections collects stores and processes your Personal Data, for the purpose of providing you with executive search and/or related services, including:
- Pairing your details against relevant employment opportunities
- Notifying you of suitable employment opportunities
- Forwarding your Personal Data to client companies, in connection with a employment opportunity, with your consent in each case
- Submission of your Personal Data to a client in relation to general employment, but only with your consent in each case
- Allowing you to apply for specific employment opportunities with client companies
- Allowing you to revert to us on any employment or general market enquiries
6. Disclosure of Personal Data
Principal Connections may disclose your Personal Data to third parties, only in relation to specific executive search or related services if this is deemed necessary, and only with your consent to do so.
Third parties include;
- Organisations acting on behalf of our client’s, involved in supporting their HR functions (for example: outsourced HR firms and outsourced reference / background checking firms)
- Principal Connections internal advisors (for example: professional advisors, IT consultants involved in system upgrades or issues, outsourced e-mail and marketing companies (example: professional company newsletter companies – managing distribution lists for the purpose of newsletters and mailshots)
- Third party contractor – If Principal Connections engages a third-party contractor to perform services which involves handling or processing your Personal Data, we will ensure that they process your Personal Data in accordance with Principal Connections’ GDPR policies
- If the business structure of Principal Connections should change, for example in the event of a Sale, Merger or Joint Venture, your Personal Data may be disclosed to new or potential business owner(s) / business partner(s) Principal Connections will ensure that such third parties only processes your Personal Data in accordance with GDPR
7. The Storage and Upkeep of Personal Data
Principal Connections will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Data current and up-to-date. This will happen via phone calls, e-mail and general communication in order to stay in touch and noting relevant changes to your profile. If there have been any major changes since our most recent interaction please contact us to allow us to update our records of your Personal Data.
8. Collection and Use of Technical Information
Technical details in connection with visits to this website are logged by our internet service provider for our statistical purposes. No information is collected that could be used by us to identify website visitors. The technical details logged are confined to the following items:
- The IP address of the visitor’s web server
- The top-level domain name used (.ie, .com, .org, .net)
- The previous website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used
- Google analytics which shows the traffic of visitors around this website
- The type of web browser and operating system used by the website visitor
Principal Connections will make no attempt to identify individual visitors or to associate the technical details with any individual. It is the policy of Principal Connections never to disclose such technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party (apart from our internet service provider, which records such data on our behalf and which is bound by confidentiality provisions in this regard), unless obliged to disclose such information by a rule of law. The technical information will be used only by Principal Connections and only for statistical and other administrative purposes. You should note that technical details, which we cannot associate with any identifiable individual, do not constitute “Personal Data” for the purposes of GDPR.
9. IP Address
10. Data Security
Password protected data will be stored both locally on our secure server (in Ireland) and in the cloud. Our systems are protected by up-to-date security measures including firewall and top of the range antivirus software to protect your data from unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
11. Procedures Related to Data Protection
All current staff will participate in GDPR training to ensure compliance with current regulations. All new staff will participate in GDPR training during their on-boarding process with Principal Connections. Principal Connections will hold GDPR training as required with all staff.
Principal Connections have implemented strict procedures to protect your Personal Data, these include:
- Regularly updated and changed password settings for company computers and mobile devices
- Printed paper files, if deemed necessary, will be securely kept in locked storage. All temporary paper files will be shredded weekly
- Principal Connections premises is protected with a monitored alarm system and is securely locked
- On receipt of an application request Principal Connections will require a GDPR opt-in/opt-out response from you. This is a legal requirement in order for Principal Connections to collect and process your Personal Data for the purpose of your job application.
By using the services of Principal Connections, your Personal Data as set out in Sections 4.1 and 4.2 will be processed for the purposes set out in Section 5 above on the basis of your consent.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to Principal Connections processing your Personal Data at any time by notifying us in writing at email@example.com for the attention of Ann-Marie Brennan, Data Protection Lead. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Principal Connections requires your Personal Data for assisting you with your job application(s) or other such related services which it offers, if you do not consent to Principal Connections processing your Personal Data you cannot register with the firm.
13. Right of Access
You have the right to obtain from Principal Connections access to your personal data being processed. You can do this by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Ann-Marie Brennan, Data Protection Lead.
Principal Connections will always verify the identity of anyone making a Subject Access Request before handing over any information and provide the relevant data within one month of receipt of a Subject Access Request.
This will be provided free of charge in accordance with GDPR. Where your access requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive,
Principal Connections reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information.
You have the right to have Principal Connections rectify any inaccurate Personal Data which it holds relating to you.
14. Right to erasure
Should you wish for your Personal Data to be deleted by Principal Connections, you can e-mail email@example.com for the attention of Ann Marie Brennan, Data Protection Lead, providing your name, email and contact details asking for your information to be deleted from our records.
Applicants have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection commissioner if they feel there has been a data protection breach at www.dataprotection.ie
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your Personal Data are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org .