For the second year running, Principal Connections, Ireland’s leading retained executive search firm undertook a study focusing on the leadership talent agenda for organisations domiciled on the Island of Ireland.The study was devised to understand what perspectives such leaders had towards a diverse range of topics including: recruitment, retention, development, performance, succession, diversity among other key themes.
In this context leaders were categorised as top line executive management and second line senior management. In total, there were 496 respondents, 54% of respondents came from the Private Sector, while 31% came from the Not-For-Profit Sector and 15% of respondents came from the Semi-state and Public Sectors respectively.
The following are just some of the key findings….
- 53% of respondents said that ‘Career Advancement’ was the number one reason why they felt leaders chose to leave their organisations;
- ‘Information Technology’ based leadership roles (incl. Digital, Information, Data, Analytics etc.)’ were said to be the most difficult roles for organisations to fill;
- 36% of those who completed the survey indicated that 1 leadership appointment will be made in the next 12 months, while 27% agreed that 2 such positions will be filled;
- One fifth of respondents indicated that they believed that ‘Diversity’ was considered to a low extent or to no extent at all when recruiting leaders; and finally,
- ‘Business Results’, ‘Annual Reviews’ and ‘Employee Feedback’ are the top 3 ways in which leadership performance is measured by organisations.
The full report is available by clicking on the following Link
ABOUT PRINCIPAL CONNECTIONS
Principal Connections is Ireland’s leading retained executive search and leadership consulting firm. We are also the only Irish member firm of Agilium Worldwide Executive Search Group, ranked one of the oldest, largest and pre-eminent executive search groups globally.